Category: Grantees

Wisconsin Early Childhood Association

COVID-19 Impact Milwaukee children, especially children of color and children from low-income and impoverished communities, are safe, cared for, and supported academically, socially, and developmentally during and beyond this public health crisis. When more Milwaukee parents begin going back to work, they have access to child care. Emergency Fund The Home Grown Child Care Emergency

Read More

Child Care Aware of Washington

COVID-19 Impact The child care sector in Washington was heavily impacted by the pandemic. A NAEYC survey found that 24% of licensed child care programs have temporarily closed, 44% of the child care workforce has been laid off or furloughed, and 64% of child care programs have experienced at least a 50% decrease in income.

Read More

United Way for Greater Austin

COVID-19 Impact Many home-based providers in Austin, Texas are ineligible for other public supports and funding streams. This includes providers likely to be immigrants without documentation serving children of essential workers who are also undocumented and are unable to participate in the child care subsidy system supported by the State. According to a recent survey

Read More

Greenville First Steps

COVID-19 Impact A report by the Institute for Child Success on the initial economic impact of COVID-19 on South Carolina’s child care sector found that nearly half (48%) of centers are closed across the state. The same study also found that one-third of centers cannot financially weather a closure of any length of time and

Read More

Chautauqua Region Community Foundation

COVID-19 Impact Roughly 33% of available child care slots in Chautauqua County are filled at this time. The sector has lost more than $1 million in revenue since COVID-19 began. Emergency Fund A coalition of philanthropy, government, and business partners has allowed the Chautauqua County Crisis Response Fund to deploy mini-grants to the local child

Read More

Programs for Parents

COVID-19 Impact A NAEYC survey in April 2020 reported that 82% of child care programs were completely closed in New Jersey, with another 11% open only for children of essential workers. Of providers who are still open, 75% were operating at less than 25% capacity. Emergency Fund Programs for Parents launched a COVID-19 emergency fund

Read More

West Central Initiative

COVID-19 Impact The state’s stay-at-home order greatly impacted child-care providers. A large percentage of the providers lost 50% to 70% of the children in their care, along with the income associated with those children. Other providers expanded their hours to accommodate specific employers, such as the local hospital, continuing their child care from early morning

Read More

La Red Latina de Educación Temprana

COVID-19 Impact A NAEYC survey in April 2020 reported that 15% of child care programs were completely closed in Minnesota, with another 20% open only for children of essential workers, and 47% operating with modified rules. Of providers who are still open, 75% were operating at less than 50% capacity. Emergency Fund La Red Latina

Read More

Early Childhood Investment Corporation

COVID-19 Impact A NAEYC survey reported in April 2020 that 60% of child care programs were completely closed in Michigan. Of providers who are still open, 81% were operating at less than 25% capacity. Emergency Fund Early Childhood Investment Corporation, with support from Home Grown and the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation, will provide grants

Read More

Hawaii Community Foundation

COVID-19 Impact As of mid-April, over 21% of Hawaii’s labor force filed unemployment claims, putting Hawaii at one of the highest state-wide rates of unemployment due to the pandemic. Just 30% of childcare providers were open, but they are serving far fewer children than pre-pandemic. Of the remaining 70%, many are unsure if they will

Read More