Early Head Start Application Resources for Home-Based Child Care
“Grants.gov is scheduled for maintenance this weekend, leading up to Monday’s deadline for submission of EHS-CCP proposals. The maintenance schedule states that systems will go offline Saturday, September 19 at 12:01am ET and will go back online Monday, September 21 at 6:00am ET.
If you have not yet submitted your EHS-CCP proposal or created your workspace on grants.gov, we recommend you log in as soon as possible. If you’re not ready to submit today, consider entering any data that is ready. Be sure to save your work. When the system comes back online on Monday, you can finish data entry, upload your files, and submit the application.
For future reference, grants.gov goes down for routine maintenance on the third weekend of every month. Check out the System
Enhancements & Server Maintenance Outages Calendar on grants.gov for more information
Early Head Start Application Resource Library
Early Head Start Child Care Partnerships Funding Opportunity
Use the resources below to begin the application process.
Find the application on the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) website.
- Applications are due no later than September 21st
Key weblinks in the EHS-CCP application
- The Office of Head Start (OHS) encourages applicants interested in applying for this funding opportunity to visit ACF’s How to Apply for a Grant page and review questions to decide whether to apply.
- You can also find Head Start program performance standards (HSPPS) in 45 CFR Parts 1301-1305.
- If you have any questions about the application, you can contact OHS by email at OHSTech@reviewops.org.
- For more information about federally designated Qualified Opportunity Zones, visit the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Opportunity Zones FAQs and the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund Opportunity Zones Resources.
- For ACF property-related policy and guidance, refer to the ACF’s Property Guidance page.
Round 4 Application Component Summary (PDF)
- This quick reference table summarizes application information and requirements by application sections and page numbers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find answers to questions submitted to Home Grown. To submit a question, use the form at the bottom of this page.
EHS-CCP Consultants/Grant Writers contact list (PDF)
- This contact list includes individuals and organizations with experience supporting organizations to develop quality Early Head Start grant applications, including grant writing and/or grant coaching during the proposal development process. You can use this list to contact consultants directly.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and is not meant to serve as an endorsement by Home Grown.
Head Start A-Z
- Head Start A-Z is a collection of sessions and resources developed by the National Center on Program Management and Fiscal Operations to address the unique needs of new Early Head Start leaders. New directors, managers, and other leaders can use these materials for individual and staff professional development
Qualified Opportunity Zones
- See this blog post from Foundations for Families for information on Qualified Opportunity Zones, which may be prioritized for funding under the current funding opportunity.
Submit Your Questions
If you have any questions, please send them to us by filling out the form below.